Lately I’ve been avoiding shopping and doing the groceries alone with the kids. I find doing this thing exhausting, humiliating and more. I’ve never felt this way before when my kids both fit in the stroller and do nothing aside from sitting there watching me stuffing the cart or rummaging clothes on the hang. Things are different now.
1. They both want to walk and run and scream at the same time.
2. They wanted to eat the chocolates on display when we haven’t paid it yet.
3. They stuff my cart with candies and biscuits and every toy along the way.
4. They cried when I take so much time deciding about a piece of clothing.
5. They join me on the fitting room screaming how big my tummy is or reveals the color of my underwear!
6. They want to buy new toys and new clothes when I have bought them enough.
7. They want to eat fries from time to time.
8. Suddenly they wanted to sleep at home in the middle of shopping!
9. Again they cried if they don’t get to sleep.
10. They touch everything dirty, the railings the floors, the chairs! Smell the table and wipe them with their hands.
How I dreaded this activity. It drained my energy. I felt screaming too. The stares from people around me make me sick as if they’ve never been kids before. As if I am an irresponsible mother who don’t know how to handle my kids. I wanted to yell at them to stop looking at the trouble we created. Just please ignore us because you’re not helping. These days, we managed to stay at home for a week. Weekends will be the only time that we can go out because Daddy will be with us but sometimes Dad can’t bear with us too. 😦
This too shall pass. For the meantime, we just have to wait until they are able to behave in public and then we can rock the shopping malls again. However, I take them to child friendly places so that they can enjoy outside world. Kids will only be kids for a short time and I don’t want to blot their youth. 🙂